Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched-cap filter simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

qianterry

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all:
It was my first time to design a switched-cap Lowpass filter.
After obtaining the poles and zeros in MATLAB, I used SWITCAP & Cadence Spectre RF (PSS PAC) doing behavioral simulation. However , I found in my design,both the results in SWITCAP and Cadence showed the filter pass band gain was related to the gain of the ideal opamp (and it reached as large as 200db),obviously there may be something in my design,what kind of problem may be?

Thanks ^_^

nonlinearity in op-amp

auto-zero technique may help

check out this article:
**broken link removed**

qianterry said:
Dear all:
............. the filter pass band gain was related to the gain of the ideal opamp (and it reached as large as 200db),obviously there may be something in my design,what kind of problem may be?
Thanks ^_^

If the pass band gain is dependent on some opamp parameters there might be a lot of reasons - perhaps the opamp slew rate or the gain-bandwidth product ?
However, it sounds confusing that the gain reached 200 dB ! Rather, I expect any systematic error in your circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.