Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Corner & Monte-Carlo simulation in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapil kumar rajput

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
monte carlo simulation cadence

Dear members!
I am using Virtuoso ADE XL(7.1.2)Schematic editor & facing lot of problems in running the simulations like corner and Monte-Carlo.Basically and not getting the proper documentation for these problem.I min i want to get some examples in which i can properly simulate a simple circuit from schematic to corner & Monte Carlo simulation.Please somebody provide me documentation or any link by which i can do it once properly as the documentation provided by cadence is very much confusing.Send some file or link on my mail id kapilrjpt@gmail.com
waiting for your response
kapil

Hello all,

Help needed in Monte Carlo

I am using Cadence 6.1 Virtuoso for my analysis.

I followed the help of ADExL and tried to run Monte Carlo following the steps provided. I am able to run the simulation, but it doesn’t seem to be giving results. These are the steps I follow,

1. Setting up Data View, specifying simulator, types of analysis.
2. Setting up Corner cases of interest.
3. Defining Monte Carlo sampling, number of samples, method of analysis (process and mismatch), etc etc.

However, after it completes the analysis, when I plot the results, they are all identical overlapping waveforms (Which I don’t think is true), also, when I specify specs to compare with in output setup, it says none results pass (again, not true, coz for test case I am keeping very low value specs which I expect to pass in all cases!)

So, I think I am missing something that causes this faulty results.

Can anyone guide me if something is wrong, if not, can anyone quickly walk me through the procedure?

A quick update. it looks like i was not using statistical variation models for that. then i changed the model files and did it again. now this time i am using models with statistical variation. however, it runs pretty well in Nominal corner, but when i simulate other corners like SS/FF - irrespective of whether i select nominal corner or not to be considered for the analysis, it says the simulation did not pass nominal corner analysis. now i do not know where am i going wrong.
any directions?

Status
Not open for further replies.