Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C@dence Virtuoso schematic composer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtuoso cdl in

Dear,

I'm not quite sure that this is the place to submit the question but any help is appreciated. Is there a way in virtuoso to import a netlist and
create from this netlist a schematic?

Thanks and best regards,
S. 8)

spice netlist to schematic converter

Hi,
I don't think virtu0s0 (icms) can convert a (Hierarchy SPICE format) netlist to schematic.
Heard about EDIF netlist can be, but have no chance to try out.
Anybody can confirm it for us??

Regards,

cadence netlist to schematic

In Cadence, there is a tool - "CDL in...", it should be able to convert a spice netlist to a schematic. But I never find it work.

If the spice netlist is not too large, you can convert the spice netlist to verilog format first, then import the verilog netlist. The spice-to-verilog convertion can be done by a lot of program tools. One of such tool is awk.

cdl edif

Thanks for the replies on the issue.
I will test the "CDL in.." feature howere you are talking about a CDL (read spice) netlist converter to verilog (but then it's limited to digital).
I have heared about a "macro" language that exists in the c@dence environment, I believe it was called SKILL language or something. Is there documentation available perhaps to write in this language your own netlist to schematic converter? Does anybody got some descriptions regarding the structure of projects under c@dence?

Thanks and best regards,
S. 8)

spice netlist to schematic skill language

Yes, there is a macro language called SKILL in C@dence. But I think it is difficult to position transistor in schematic view by SKILL. Verilog In can do this for us. So I convert the spice netlist to verilog first and "Verilog In" to get schematic. In this procedure, the bulk node connection and device parameters are lost. Then I use SKILL to recover these information.

cadence composer edif200

Hughes, thanks for the tips. I certainly can use them to develop a magical bridge between 2 schematic captures (PC world and C@dence). Can you recommend some papers regarding this SKILL language? (be in mind that I'm a beginner :) )

cdl verilog converter

Hi, mlxsae,

I am sorry that I don't have any papers about SKILL language. I just learn it with C@dence on-line document. If your system is not installed with the document, here is a link, **broken link removed**

virtuoso cdl out

spice netlist --> schematic

use spiceVision or GateVision ..

convert edif300 file to spice netlist

I don't think there is anyway. Even with EDIF. What they said in the manual is just for entertainment

virtuso schematic composer

gerryhsu said:
I don't think there is anyway. Even with EDIF. What they said in the manual is just for entertainment

EDIF can be imported as Cadence composer schematics.

virtuoso schematic view

And do you need to "tune" your schematic database with the SKILL langauge when you have imported the EDIF netlist? As I remember
correctly you have 2 types of the language: EDIF200 and EDIF300. Are these described by IEEE? Or are there much dialects available?

Thnx.S. 8)

convert netlist to schematic

mlxsae said:
And do you need to "tune" your schematic database with the SKILL langauge when you have imported the EDIF netlist? As I remember
correctly you have 2 types of the language: EDIF200 and EDIF300. Are these described by IEEE? Or are there much dialects available?

Thnx.S. 8)

:( Maybe you are right. I just EDIF out from a system and EDIF in to the same system. In this situation, it may be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back