Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flux walking in push-pull smps

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In push pull smps (offline), i am worried that my transformer will saturate due to the non balanced switching, -i mean the "flux-walking" effect.

it is said i may use current mode to solve this.....but how do i have my overcurrent trip only trip due to magnetising current, and not due to the "transformer current" or load current ?

transformer primary "load" current will need to ba able to rise to 166mA. -Of course , this current will not saturate the ferrite as it's field is cancelled.

However, the saturation current for the core is just 100mA in the primary.

my max on_time is 4us and will not normally allow magnetising current to build up to 100mA.....but with flux-walking effect the saturation could occur.

i cannot set my primary current sense trip to 100mA , as then the load current would not get through, so what should i do ?

thanks in advance of any thoughts at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.