Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile channel along with it's transmitter simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mami_hacky

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate a mobile channel along with it's transmitter and receiver. ( system simulation. not logic or circuit ) Obviously I can use matlab for doing this. But I'm wondering if there are better tools to do this? Any help ?

gprs simulation channel

Hello,

Actually, it is a very complicated process to simulate the mobile channel but it is possible .. E-r-i-c-s-s-o-n has a software called GATE / MATE ( GPRS Application Test Environment for GPRS Data connections Simulation ) and ( MATE IP routing and simulation core for 3G network applications ) .. By the way, you can use some settings in GPRS simulation to simulate a data connection for normal GSM network ( by limiting the available time slots to one time slot per user and reserve that time slot for GPRS usage only ) .. This software enables you to simulate the following:

bit error rate
signal to noise ratio
number of background users
burst noise effect

but the problem is that the software is only for internal use ( but they also sell the service of simulatio for you ) .. so, you can go to the local branch in your country and ask them if they can help you to simulate your application ( you can use any application if you are only interested in old gsm network simulation ) ..

If you are interested, I have simulated in my local office a digital image transfer on GPRSand 3G networks and I have the results ..

regards
meshmesh

mobile channel matlab

OK! I'm wondering if for example agilent ADS or tools similar to this can help me? What about Visual System Simulator by applied wave research?
Any tools similar to these.
Thanks.

Re: Mobile channel simulator

OK ..
I hope I can suggest the best simulation way but I would like to know exactlt what do you want to simulate ..?
Handover process
Data communication
Bit error rate
bit rate
signal to noise ratio
burst noise effect
multiple ray effect
shadowing
.... etc

Also, what is the required degree of precision .. ? ( for MSc. ? for a simple project ..? for technical paper ..? .. only for estimation of parameters ..? )

So, I can suggest the best suitable tool or way ..

regards
meshmesh

Re: Mobile channel simulator

The propagation model in @DS is not the good and flexible. You can write you own in @DS too. I did not know how to do it. This is how to use matlab function in @DS patolemy.

eesof.tm.agilent.com/docs/adsdoc2003A/ptolemy/pt104.html

there is a component call Matlab_M in @DS that allows you to link @DS directly to matlab.

I have never tried but i think it is doable. Another option is systemC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back