Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART - Can I read data coming from a uart port

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_pourfathi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uart terminal for windows

Can I read data coming from a uart port of a microcontroller using terminal in windows or should I use another software? I heard avr stuido can do that, but my microcontroller is not avr, it's microchip pic series. I'll appreciate if you kindly assist me in the matter.
regards,

Re: UART

Of course you can read the data using Hyperterminal. I doit all the time, because it saves me the trouble of writing Windows applications to talk to my micros.
Just make sure the baud rate is set corectly and use only printable ASCII characters, or else you will have a hard time decoding the data.

Re: UART

m_pourfathi said:
Can I read data coming from a uart port of a microcontroller using terminal in windows or should I use another software? I heard avr stuido can do that, but my microcontroller is not avr, it's microchip pic series. I'll appreciate if you kindly assist me in the matter.
regards,

i dont know that avr studio can do that...
but i know that code vision avr can uart and you dont have to use avr...
you can use terminal(computer icon) in code vision avr ...

but if you dont have the program ..you can use hyper terminal...
thats good enough:D

Status
Not open for further replies.