Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP- difference between Differential and Difference equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faizan Tahir Butt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference equation dsp

What is the difference between a Differential equation and a Difference equation?

Re: DSP

differential equations must conatian terms with their rate of change like dy/d,it may also contain terms with intergeral ∫f(x)dx,these equations r mostly used for analog system containing capacitors,resistors n inductor kind of things.
on other hand difference equations r like this y[n] = x[n]+ x[n-1]-y[n-1] kind of terms,these equaions r used for digital systems

Hi all:

I have a very basic question about difference equations. I seem to be going in circles trying to find the answer online.

1. if someone asks you to obtain the difference equation of a low pass filter with cut of freq say 60Hz, how would one go about doing it? Once you get the difference equation you can write the software, but I just can't remember how to get the difference equation.

2. The coefficients for the difference equations are scaling factors right?
I mean, if y(n) = a1x(n) + a2x(n-1), the coeff's are scaling factors for signals x(n) and x(n-1), correct?

Someone please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back