Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Problem - I don't get a symmetric H-field

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFSS_user_

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS Problem

I drew an antenna shown in the attached file, however I don't get a symmetric H-field on the surface of the cylinder. I think I didn't assign the current excitation properly. If you can figure out what the problem is, please inform me.

Thank you for your prospective helps.

Re: HFSS Problem

I don't understand the model from the pictures.
If you upload the hfss-file, I can check it.

Now I've changed the shape of the antenna, and the new simulation can be found in the attachment. I converted the curved shapes into not curved ones for the antenna. However, I cannot assign a current excitation on the antenna now.

Thank you for your helps.

I don't know this kind of antenna setup, but I can excite a current without problems. Is this how it should look like?

I was to assign a current excitation on the vertical part of the antenna, but I solved this problem when I deleted the unite function of these 4 cylinders which make the antenna.
However, now I'm confused about the mesh plot of the antenna. When I look at it, I don't see triangles as I'm supposed to. Is the mesh plot of the antenna proper, or is there a way for me to correct it if it's wrong?

I appreciate your help,
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back