Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microblaze spartan 3 vhdl routines needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sht11help

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microblaze spartan

Hi, im a studnet who needes to create a routine/routines that take readings from 2 SPI bus sensors (pressure & temp) and the microblaze must take these readings and when the values of they're inputs reach a certain level/treshold the spartan board must activate a 12volt dc pump to spray water for a set period of time....then repeat the process.

Can anyone send me some VHDL code to get me started or explain to me how i would go about this?

Best Regards

Arthur[/b]

Hi,
there is a complete SPI core available free here : **broken link removed** .
You may connect this core to your MB and write some C code to read your data and activate the output device.

You need to do some research to understand the core . Once you do that your project is almost ready.

Hi,
why don't you consider using PicoBlaze?
Unless you aim to implement other complicated tasks,PicoBlaze will be very convenient for you.

You may check this **broken link removed**

best regards,
Mostafa M. Amer

hi, do i have to use C for the spi core, cant i use VHDL?

Also the spec of this project cant be changed im afraid so its Microblaze and spartan 3 with spi based sensors...

If you want to implement your SPI interface yourself, you may use VHDL, but once you have your data red from your SPI devices, you need some C code to process it in your MB to drive your output.

Ok, so im not very experienced in programming in C or Vhdl.

What would i have to declare or initialise to get started for my MB to read the SPI sensors, do you have any examples i could use as a ref ?

Status
Not open for further replies.