Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Cadence NCVHDL] Generate several libraries and use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzushky

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Still not getting the hang of this so asking you guys:

I have several files in a project which I have compiled in different libraries. (Using Cadence IUS). My problem is that if I do :

lib my_lib1;
use my_lib1.my_entity_from_lib1;

in a file which will be compiled in my_lib2... it isn't recognized, so I have to make the 'component' declaration in the architecture... If the library call was recognized, I wouldn't need to re-declare the component...

What am I doing wrong?. Do I have to regroup alllibraries in one final one ? Do I have to place them in a ceratin folder? My organization is:

folders:
hdl
sim (where I have the cds.lib and hdl.var and compile my different libs in differnet folders my_libx.lib)
par
synth

etc....

Could you please give me a simple exmaple of how you would organize a roject with several libs?

Thanks in advance (i tried googling or books but i seem to only find simle answers...)

Bye,
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back