Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonator Using Microstrip line -- No short circuit stubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadymind

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
short circuited resonator

Hi ,

I need to implement a resonator using a microstrip. I cannot use short circuited stubs. I thought of using an open circuited one but the performance is not good. Is there any other resonator that i can use.

One more thing is a 1nH inductor available for use at 12 GHz ?

Thanks

short circuit resonator

It is unclear what problem you have. Upload your resonator design/layout and include your specification requirements.

Re: Resonator Using Microstrip line -- No short circuit stub

Using a radial stub to create the "short circuit" at the end of the stub would give better bandwidth that a straight open curcuit stub.

**broken link removed** gives an example of using a radial stub at the end of another transmission line to create a shorted stub configuration.

Shunt distributed microstrip inductor cannot be realized using open stub.
Try to integrate somehow in your circuit the shorted stub necessarily to make the equivalent inductor.

Maybe consider a ring resonator.

I use 0402 wirewound 1nH inductors @ 12GHz all the time and I haven't been fired yet.

I use 0402 wirewound 1nH inductors @ 12GHz all the time and I haven't been fired yet

All right, but maybe he get a promotion if he will use a microstrip inductor.

That's true, I haven't received a promotion in a longtime.

Check out this datasheet, SRF up to 20GHz
**broken link removed**

As far as using an open stub. Couldn't you create an inductor as long as it's greater than 90deg in length?

Thanks for all the tips.

That 0402 inductors did work but did not give me the performance I needed, I instead used a Coupled line section for the resonator.....

I have a small doubt in ADS what is the difference between MCLIN and MCFIN in coupled lines. ADS documents dont say anything about the difference between them

Some publishers specify that MCLIN behave better in high frequency-domain simulation, when MCFIL in time-domain simulation.
In a real-life high frequency design proper loading of the unused ports of MCLIN could make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back