Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Terminal Simulation with Atmel-AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadat007

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avr terminal

Hi,
I was actually intrested to practice my C programming with out downoading to target. For this purpose I tried Proteus (Very bad experience) it looks that every module in it have bug. I tested 6.3 SP1 and 6.2 Sp5.
The main thing was there was no Mega128 simulation module so I use Mega103 and compile my programes for it.
I used CodeVision-AVR 1.24 for compilation.

UART buffer function does not work on the Mega128 module. So I tried AVR Studio 4 but it does not have Terminal Simulation may be new one have......

I finally tried BascomAVR-11174. A little trick is needed to simulate the code that not generated by BascomAVR.
NON BASCOMAVR SOURCE CODE SIMULATION AT BASCOMAVR SIMULATOR
Give the same name to the basic file in BascomAVR as the other compiler and the both compiler files (source and generated) should be in the same directory. Confuger the BascomAVR for the BAUD AND CHIP, Compile the few dummy line of BascomAVR then compile your real program in other compiler (in my case CVAVR) and then run the sumulation in BascomAVR. Please note that the BascomAVR use OBJ file and search for ASM file so your real compiler should be able to generate these files.

DO NOT TRUST ON PROTEUS I REALY HAVE BAD EXPERIENCE

Good Luck :lol:

avr chess

Not sure what problems you were having with Proteus but the AVR Chess Sample uses the MEGA103 and the Terminal via UART so I presume it works...

<-- covers ass.
However, I've never seen CodeVision, nor do I use AVR's in anger so there may well be issues.
<-- end flame protection.

atmel terminal

I'm a registered user of Proteus since version 5.2.
Aside from minor issues at time (though ever sorted by them in next releases) I got always consistent results from simulations and received back effective beneficts in terms of speeding up with prototypes.

Mega128 is not buggy. It simply does not modeled yet.
About AVRMega103 and Terminal I'm sure they work very nice, so maybe you may have something wrong in your project drawings.

Could you post please your project here, that I can help you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back