Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i detect the last edge in a switching digital signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcnitw

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me how to detect a last edge in a switching digital signal;

say if i have a digital signal as follows

initially low level(0)
starts switching depending on some other signal with random freq(0101010101....)

the stops at high level (1) after some period

i need to detect the last edge of this switching signal

please help me how to do it
thanks

If you are expecting to have a final value of '1' for example, you can design a counter that counts clock cycles during '1' .. if the counter, say, reaches a specific large value like 10 or 20 (as you decide), then you can consider the circuit is no more switching and this '1' is the final value ..

same if the final value is expected to be zero ..

Re: how can i detect the last edge in a switching digital si

thanks omara

but i need the time at which the last edge occurs...

you need to have a condition for the last edge .. how will you know that it's the last edge unless you monitor it for some time and you notice that it doesn't change !! ..
If you are going to do so, then you can easily know the time at which the last edge occurs by translating the counter counts (or the number of clock cycles involved) into time .. as easy as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back