Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make ring oscillator work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
for ring oscillator(for example, 3 stages), someone says some conditons must be needed to make the ring oscillator work:loop gain larger than 1,and loop phase is multiples of 2PI, but how to simulate it?what kind of stimilus is needed?pls help me

u mean ring of four oscillator?

ie four op amps?

if i was you i would get oscillation by just keep uppin gthe gain till it oscillates....make sure yuo have feedback..and when the feedback phase is 180 degrees..and your loop gain is 1 or more...yuo will oscillate..

its usually easy to make things oscillate...and usually the hard ship is stopping unwanted osillation.

just swap components in and out and it'll buzz sooner or later

I guess you are asking how to start the "oscillation" in Cadence, then this link can be help:

**broken link removed** page down and you will see the initial setting

also, the gain is >1, and phase shift should be (2N+1)Pi instead of 2Pi

You have to set the initial conditions (.ic statement in Spice) in your simulator and/or use some switches in the .tran command.

Status
Not open for further replies.