Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/O Buffer (IOB) vs. Global Clock I/O Buffer (GCLKIOB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

farrokhiyan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock_dedicated_route

Hi all,

Would you please tell me what is the difference between standard I/O Buffer and Global Clock I/O buffer?

how can i explicitly instantiate an I/O Buffer component for each top-level I/O signal in xilinx ISE?

tnx.

xil_place_allow_local_bufg_routing

From what I can remember global clock buffer are dedicated to route signal over specialized track inside the FPGA in order to minimize the skew from every block inside the device, is a sort of low timing path connected to every FF clock input that is inside the logic block.

Bye
Pow

farrokhiyan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
gclkiob

How can I instantiate a Clk signal to a standard I/O buffer (not global buffers)?
what is CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE ?

gclkiob xilinx

just take a look at the language template, there are lots of example available.CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE means that path is dedicated for clock,the path with least skew and is suitable to route clock.

clock_dedicated_route

farrokhiyan said:
How can I instantiate a Clk signal to a standard I/O buffer (not global buffers)?
what is CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE ?

In order to use a clock signal with a standard I/O pin in Xilinx FPGAs, an environment variable XIL_PLACE_ALLOW_LOCAL_BUFG_ROUTING must be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.