Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synthesis with design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmonutt

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

have a general question regarding synthesis. i really hope that someone will answer it soon though, my work at school is stuck because of this!!
I have a hierarchical design. there is a top level module. there are some, say four, intermediate level modules M1,M2,M3,M4. and certain small submodules say S1, S2 and S3. to synthesize the design i first created synthesized netlists for the submodules s1,s2,s3. then i synthesized the modues m1, m2 etc.. reading in the already synthesized netlists of s1,s2,s3 into them. s1,s2,s3 are used in more than one intermediate level modules m1, m2 etc. when i finally synthesize the top level module which just joins sub modules m1,m2 etc at the top level, i read in the synthesized netlists for the modules m1,m2,m3 and m4. however, the netlist i get is not unique. in particular, the submodules m1,m2,m3,m4 have unique instances i.e. they seem to have been uniquified. however the lowest level submodules s1,s2 etc are not. when i do uniquify at the top level synthesis i get a warning message that says something like module s1 occurs in module m3 before and, therefore, will be ignored.

what could be the reason for this , and how should i do it in order to get a unique netlist??

thanks![/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back