Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

custom guitar switches - null displacement switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylaudeman

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
custom guitar switches

I am making my own custom guitar for the game guitar hero. I have the body and everything made the only thing I am getting hung up on is on figuring out what to use for the fret switches. I want to make it like a touch pad where it doesn't use a switch that doesn't have a travel length. I was looking around trying to find something like that to work. What I found was like capacitive proximity switches but those were expensive. Is there anything like a faraday switch I could use for it? I need it hold on when it is pressed and go off when released. Also I was thinking of something like this for the strum. I tried for the strum a magnetic proximity switch, it worked but it wasn't as great because there was no tactical feel of "hitting" a note. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of switches I could use for these?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back