Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Methods for shorting the patch and the ground plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhaykotnala

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to short the patch and the ground plane if i do so by uniting all the ground plane shoring cylinder and patch it gives error patch and substrate intersect.......bt if i only make the cylinder just touching the patch and ground plane it dsnt give error

is this right method of shorting or is it necessary to unite them.....plzzzz suggest some possible solution to it in regard to hfss

Re: shorting pin

There are several options to get connectivity between shorting pin and ground plane:
In case they intersect:
1) Substract short pin from ground plane (save the original shape option has to be selected)
2) unite them

In case they don't intersect just leave them as they are, but you have to verify that
are touching each other (same z-coordinate..)

It doesnt mind for HFSS which option you will choose
Good luck

Re: shorting pin

oleg79 said:
There are several options to get connectivity between shorting pin and ground plane:
In case they intersect:
1) Substract short pin from ground plane (save the original shape option has to be selected)
2) unite them

In case they don't intersect just leave them as they are, but you have to verify that
are touching each other (same z-coordinate..)

It doesnt mind for HFSS which option you will choose
Good luck

what do you mean by "(save the original shape option has to be selected)"?
I've the same problem and I don't know how to solve it..... I'm getting desperate. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back