Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does anyone know what is diode connected transistor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperado1

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diode connected transistor

I have read in one book that shorting the base and collector of the transistor results in a diode connected transistor......................
can anyone explain in more detail to this..........?

diode-connected transistor

You get a two-terminal device, which is acting as a diode.

It has, however, the rather low base-emitter breakdown voltage of about 7 V in reverse biased operation. To utilize a transistor as diode (may be meaningful e. g. to reduce the type count on a PCB), you should better use the collector-base diode with unconnected emiiter.

transistor- use base as diode

FvM said:

It has, however, the rather low base-emitter breakdown voltage of about 7 V in reverse biased operation. To utilize a transistor as diode (may be meaningful e. g. to reduce the type count on a PCB), you should better use the collector-base diode with unconnected emiiter.
thanks a lot....... but shorting collector and base (in case of npn) will the collector now act as n-type or p-type . if it is to act as diode it should act as p type isn't coz the emitter is already n-type i am really confused with this............. Please expalin me about this..................
thanks in advance.............

Added after 1 minutes:

FvM said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back