Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser Engraving machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix Mutinda

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any one with information on how i can get a small used laser machine with the capability of cutting thru a thin metal foil. i'll really appreciate the information.

I have done extensive research on this and it really is not possible to do it cheep, you need a miller (non-laser engraver) to complete this task because of the reflectivity of most metals at IR frequencies which is what they use in most laser engravers.

Sorry man.

b4bb4ge, i have witnessed a laser machine engrave really deep into metals and this bases my question. the information i need is about how i can access a similar one as a second hand equipment.

Yes you are able to do this often with UV lasers but they run in the 60k to 500k range used.

I would contact an optics professor at a university they usually have the correct permits to buy these and would know where you might be able to get a permit and find a second hand one.

good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back