Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UltrasimVerilog waveform plotting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fom

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultrasimverilog

I have a problem with UltrasimVerilog mixed-mode simulation.
Befire I run simulation I picked up nets I want to be saved in the same way as I used that with Spectre simulator. But when I want to plot some of them after simulation I got a message like:

"Wave1 is a not a waveform object that can be displayed and will be turned OFF automatically"

Sometimes I can plot that sometimes can't. I cannot figure out what the problem.
For example I start simulation for 1.5 sec. Then I can see results and decide to run another simulation (during the same session) for 9 sec. After that when I tried to plot the same waveforms I got this message. Even If I change simulation time back to 1.5 sec I cannot plot wavefors. It looks like something is triggered in simulation enviroment. But where? and what?
Could anybody help or give some suggestions?

I got some idea about what you said.
1> Check your simulation options. Output---->save all ----> whether you select that selected? If you save all the signals ,the data will be too large to display.
2> If you only saved you interested signal, you can save the data after some time.
you can set this in analyses--->tran(suppose you run the transition simulation)---> option -->outputstart

Hope that will help you!

Sometimes I used output start option, but not now. To reduce simulated data I use stobeperiod option.
But the situation I mentioned is very weird. After I logout icfb and run it again the signals are saved and can be plotted. That why I said it looks like something in enviroment is triggered.

yeah,sometimes there are some weird errors in spectre. Just
need logout ant login again.

Status
Not open for further replies.