+ Post New Thread
    Advanced Member level 2
    Helped
    85 / 85
    Level

ultrasimverilog

I have a problem with UltrasimVerilog mixed-mode simulation.
    Befire I run simulation I picked up nets I want to be saved in the same way as I used that with Spectre simulator. But when I want to plot some of them after simulation I got a message like:

"Wave1 is a not a waveform object that can be displayed and will be turned OFF automatically"

Sometimes I can plot that sometimes can't. I cannot figure out what the problem.
    For example I start simulation for 1.5 sec. Then I can see results and decide to run another simulation (during the same session) for 9 sec. After that when I tried to plot the same waveforms I got this message. Even If I change simulation time back to 1.5 sec I cannot plot wavefors. It looks like something is triggered in simulation enviroment. But where? and what?
    Could anybody help or give some suggestions?

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 1

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

Re: UltrasimVerilog waveform plotting problem

I got some idea about what you said.
    1> Check your simulation options. Output---->save all ----> whether you select that selected? If you save all the signals ,the data will be too large to display.
    2> If you only saved you interested signal, you can save the data after some time.
    you can set this in analyses--->tran(suppose you run the transition simulation)---> option -->outputstart

Hope that will help you!

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 2
    Helped
    85 / 85
    Level

Sometimes I used output start option, but not now. To reduce simulated data I use stobeperiod option.
    But the situation I mentioned is very weird. After I logout icfb and run it again the signals are saved and can be plotted. That why I said it looks like something in enviroment is triggered.

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 1

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

yeah,sometimes there are some weird errors in spectre. Just
    need logout ant login again.

--[[ ]]--