Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Materials to start learning hardware in the field of networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayatri25

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I am an engineering graduate and im a fresher.My main stream in engineering was Electrical and Electronics. I want to learn networking and do my career in the same. Please can anyone help me from where can I start, which books should i refer and what all should I read.

Can anyone tell me what are the peripheral fields related to networking.

Please do help me.
Thanks in advance.

Gayatri

Re: Help

Hi,

I'm an electrical engineer, but I entered the field of networking. You cant imagine the amount of information exist on this field, also the updates this science has every short time.

So, I guess you should specialize in something. In general there is a software part and a hardware part, you can go to what really like, but as an electrical engineer I recommend to enter the hardware part.

If you like administrative stuff, you head to the software, and take Microsoft certifications.

And if you like the hardware part, go to Cisco certifications, they are the best in the business.

gayatri25

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Help

thanks for the information.

i want to do something related to hardware. i want to start reading the basics, so plz help me with what books can i start. i will do those courses but before that where should i start with.

Help

Best one:
Data communications and Networking by behrouz A Forouzan.

computer networks by andrew s.tanebum

n dowload cisco materials n packet tracer(software)
it will help u a lot.

thanks oister.
shud i start reading any particular book on any OS.

ur welcome n yup its ur choice.the books i mentioned are the basic ones especially the first one,so it depends upon u n mind it data communication is a very broad subjet,as i am doing a project related to it.
newaz best of luck!!!!
n do tell how it is going.

hey gayatri25, hope your got help, if not let me know i have several networking books that can help (both advanced and basic) let me know if interested...

mail me: tekiroy@hotmail.com

I am analog design engineer with 3+ exp want to switch into networking .How does my previous experience will help in it

Status
Not open for further replies.