Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 digit Auto-ranging Voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortexmc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
auto range+voltmeter

Hi everyone, this is a new project that i have undertaken for college, and i was hoping too get some advice on how to accomplish this.The project requires the construction of an auto-ranging volt meter that can measure positive DC voltages in the ranges 0v-1v, 0v-100mv and 0v-10mv. The display should 4 digits up to a maximum value of 1.000 volts. There should be an indication of some form when the input voltage is out of range. The one restriction is to use a PIC processor of 20 pins or less.Thanks.:D

autoranging concept

You can use PIC18f1320. it have 18pin. for display you can go with LCD display at 4 bit mode. this accomplish only 7 pin. . If you go for 7 segment it require 12pins Display purpose. also it have some complicated in program for float value. you can measure voltage ADC pin then display the value at display. if you want more details means pls ask.

Anand

I was thinking of using 16f690. Would you mind going into some detail about your suggestions, and about the auto-ranging, i am kinda confused on how to appraoch that concept of the design. Thank u for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.