Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLC POWER FACTOR IMPROVE AC SINGLE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

qiyi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power factor controller using plc

Guys I'm doing my FYP to improve the power factor of a Single Phase AC Induction motor(SPIM) using PLC.

Using capacitor is it the easiest and cheapest way?
Any idea how to use plc to improve power factor of SPIM?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

plc power factor

you need anther divac with PLC to measuring power factor and divide the capacitor bank to multi step.
when power factor decrease the measuring divac will send signal to PLC and PLC will add anather step power circuit to increase power factor.
good luck

Reactions: FAS

FAS

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
power factor improver

PLC is controller,U can not use only PLC to do that. U can use PLC to control Capacitors Bank like above. U also can use PLC to control another power equipment to improve PF.

Reactions: FAS

FAS

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
single phase induction motor starting using plc

mhk1982 said:
you need anther divac with PLC to measuring power factor and divide the capacitor bank to multi step.
when power factor decrease the measuring divac will send signal to PLC and PLC will add anather step power circuit to increase power factor.
good luck

Hi, first of all thanks for your reply. You gave me a headstart, really appreciate it.
May I ask what is a DIVAC?
Can't get any information about the component you mentioned.
Total noob here. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.