Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When to use horizontal or vertical polarization for Microwave antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vathana

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
Can U tell me when We use Horizontal or Vertical for polarization of Microwave antenna?
Please u feedback to me as soon as possible.
very thanks

Microwave Antenna

Do you know the meaning of polarization ?

Re: Microwave Antenna

Hi

I don't know how much u know about antennas and its terminology but I can help u a bit

Horizontal polarization gives a little more gain over the horizon and you get some ground gain from horizontal polarization that you don't from vertical, so fringe radio and TV reception will be generally better with horizontal antennas if the transmitting station is using circular.

As I understand it radio and TV stations transmit using vertical polarized antennas.

For antenna Polarization refer
**broken link removed**

Re: Microwave Antenna

The simple answer is to use the same polarization for both antennas in a link. Incorrectly matched (polarization) antennas can have -30 dB of unintended loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back