Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

National Semiconductor ADC12048

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhookerlds

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
New to the site.
Has anyone designed with the NatSemi ADC12048 12bits + sign ADC. I am having some difficulties getting it to function correctly and find that the Data Sheet is not providing me with the answers. Yes, I have been in contact with National Semiconductor but I am not getting a good response from them. There seems to be a dearth of information on the Web about this device but someone must be using it and successfully. I am not new to ADC design having previously used the NatSemi ADC1251 (obsolete - hence the need for another) with no problems.

Using the START command I can make readings but I cannot get the AUTO CAL or AUTO ZERO to work. After you write the command for either function the /RDY signal should go high for the duration of the function - it does not. I am using a 750kHz clock so Auto Cal should be about 6msecs. Also when reading values, for most of the time I get correct readings but every 20 or so readings the value changes by about 16 bits. I don't think this is noise. Have you used this device? If so, would you be willing to share your hardware and software implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.