Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cmos Voltage Step down/Step up detecting circuit in IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
downstep voltage

can somebody explain how a cmos voltage step-up/step-down detecting device works? thanks a alot = )

simple voltage step up ic

I have never heard this term" step-up/down detecting".

Are you sure you don't mean step-up/down converter?

You can link to an example, then we will explain.

step-up/down circuit

I was actually reading some patents and i found this one: **broken link removed**

I was looking at the invention's first embodiment. Please see figure 3 and 4(a and b).
Actually, its not only the detecting circuit that I was confused about but the whole cmos circuit itself. I dont understand how it was able to attain the waveforms in fig 4b. It was explained in the "summary of the invention" number 25 page 13, but I still dont get it why or how, basing on the circuit. Can you help me? thanks = )[/img]

andrew_matiga said:
can somebody explain how a cmos voltage step-up/step-down detecting device works? thanks a alot = )

easy, use a fast responsed comparator and a delayed (slow responsed) 0dB buffer.

When voltage step-up, comparator will ouput '1', or else '0', then latch the data quickly.

you can use bulk structure for voltage down and booster for voltage up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back