Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to translate Matlab code to VHDL code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

among

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have ny code in MATLAB for altera stratix FPGA , but i have to work on the vhdl coding IM NEW TO THIS FIELD,
ANY ONE TELL ME THE WAY TO TRANSLATE THIS CODE TO VHDL CODE.
THANK YOU

mat lab to vhdl

I tried to generate VHDL code for an FIR filter. For this I have used FDA tool in that we have an option to generate VHDL code. If you want to generate code for filter this may helpful for you.

Re: mat lab to vhdl

hi thank you for u r reply but,
what is this FDA tool and where we can fing this ,can u plz tell me
thank you

mat lab to vhdl

In the matlab command window, simply type spatool . Then the fdatool window appears. Design the filter and generate HDL code from targets menu. For more complex designs there is a software called system generator. However it is from xilinx and does not support altera. I don't know whether there is a similar one for altera.

thank you for u r guiding ,n any one tell me any software is there for altera fpga MATLAB code to convert to vhdl.
thank you

sprao said:
I tried to generate VHDL code for an FIR filter. For this I have used FDA tool in that we have an option to generate VHDL code. If you want to generate code for filter this may helpful for you.

I have tried too, but did you get the results positively...I culdn't. Perhaps don't know what was my mistakes.How did yo get it to work?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back