Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edge Detection / Edge interpolation?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouvenHaberkorn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm trying to find the edge of a drop, acquired by a camera with framegrabber using LabView.
The problem is that the background and my object have similar gray values in some regions.
Now I'm trying to find a way to interpolate the edge where my thresholding doesn't find my object because the grey values are "bleeding into" the background.
I tried using a convex hull, but the result isn't good enough yet.
Plus, ATM I'm still setting the threshold manually.

Any ideas on how to reliably find the WHOLE edge or how to interpolate?

hello and thanks for your reply.
I've already figured it out and can now detect the objects really good. I just turned my aperature to 2.8 and the inside shadings of my objects are gone, and the objects themselves are now gray on white background.

Regarding the edge-detection, I've already tried it. but even Scharr-gradient doesn't find the edges properly. So I guess, I'll stick with the change of aperature to make my software do what I want.

But thanks anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back