Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to built a CCD camera + FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LatDrIvE

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga camera

Hello all,
I am looking to find information/books in Camera design with CCD and FPGA. till now i havent find any. Have you something spotted?

regards

ccd fpga

are you talking about a stand alone CCD sensor (i.e. just the sensor chip, and none of the control circuitry), and using the FPGA as the clocking etc?

It shouldn't be to difficult if you can get the hardware sorted.

But it would be easier with a CMOS sensor, as they require less control circuitry/clocks etc.

camera fpga

really thanx:)
actually i would like to built from scratch ( "having something not boring to doin afternoons" heheheh) a camera with CCD sensor and FPGA. Have seen that most of the cameras have Spartan-III FPGA but i am trying to figure out how to design a system like that.

fpga ccd

you should get AD chips except for ccd sensor and FPGA

camera with fpga

Hi, first sorry for my poor english, english is not my natural language.

In my professional life I developed two CCD cameras and I hope make much more.

Using only the CCD chip you´ll need of drivers for excite the Horizontal and Vertical and other ports of the chip. you can make this drivers using fets or buying chips for this purpose, like vsp1900 from texas intruments. Its depends of your time and requirements of voltage of your CCD.

The analog out of the ccd have a beautiful analog processing, like CDS, gains and offsets... You can make this by hand, using several OPAMPs or a commercial CCD processor that make all process, for eg. vsp10t21 from texas instrument too.

In a CCD camera exists a lot of details to think, if you need and i know the answers i can help you in your project.

Best Regards,

Fulvio Serpentini

ccd camera

Thanx you for the answers. So i have to use FPGA's Like spartan-3 as far i have seen. About the IIDC protocol should be done in VHDL or C? and the firmware as well?

Do you have any resources /small examples/ walk through implementing that? Thank you

Re: ccd camera

LatDrIvE said:
Thanx you for the answers. So i have to use FPGA's Like spartan-3 as far i have seen. About the IIDC protocol should be done in VHDL or C? and the firmware as well?

Do you have any resources /small examples/ walk through implementing that? Thank you
hi Im not doing this too. im from china and im using a low level FPGA but I don't know to much about it .. I hope to find more information in some foreign website..it's my final graduation project for my master degree .. I hope some one can help me a little.. Coz I don't know too much about embeded system

Hello, I just found your posts.

I am looking for a combination of a CCD camera sensor and an FPGA in one chip/housing. Do you have some experiences if there are such highly integrated chips are available?

I am doing my diploma thesis also in this time. For my topic, it is essentially to do some image processing inside at the catured pictures.

Thanx for any response and my best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back