Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate H field of a CPW using HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaotur

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to design a coplanar waveguide for proper microwave magnetic field urgently.

The basic configure is simple as below:

50 nm thick Gold (Au) CPW on Si substrate;
The gap and the signal line are 10 microns respectively, resulting in 1:1 ratio for 50 ohm impedance matching.
Focused on the distribution of the magnetic field parallel to the plane of the signal line.

I am still at the learning phase of HFSS. I 've drawn the structure as I described, but I failed to use the lumped port for excitation. Please help.

Many thanks!

you dont know how to excite the cpw using lumped port. Is that your problem?

Hi thanks. I have a look first.

chandregowda said:
hi,

pl. check is this attachment useful to u

Added after 4 hours 12 minutes:

Hi yes. I think it is the main problem.
I've just figured out the structure in HFSS, attached. Pls have a check if you don't mind.
Actually I tried to figure it out refering to the HFSS10's user guide. Even don't know if the boundary condition I chose is correct or which example in the book I could refer to.
My purpose is just to find out how large the H field is and its distribution on top of the signal line by 23dBm input.
Thanks.

balajiparamesh said:
you dont know how to excite the cpw using lumped port. Is that your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back