Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me to design in altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

varan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone can share the altium tool document? since i am new to altium..

A newbie should take a tour of this video clips
see attachments:idea:

Re: please help me to design in @ltium

Hi,
Please tell me how to remove pads from GBS and GTS layers.
The goal is to create viases that look like a common hole. No solder mask over them.
Many thanks!

The mask layers are negative layers - whatever you see on those layers is a void (a hole in the mask).

For your vias, there are a couple of ways to approach the problem. In the via dialog (double click on the via), you have a choice to either let the mask expansion design rule determine the size of the opening, or you can override the rule. The second way would be to just draw the opening you want on the mask layers using lines, arcs, fills, etc.

Hello,
Please help me to solve this issue in PCB files: I cannot select any component on the board. I can only select the primitives (polygons, tracks, etc). In fact, it's like Altium doesn't recognize components' bodies anymore.

jazzz said:
Please help me to solve this issue in PCB files: I cannot select any component on the board. I can only select the primitives (polygons, tracks, etc). In fact, it's like Altium doesn't recognize components' bodies anymore.

First, hit the "Clear" button at the lower right corner of your PCB Editor workspace to clear any masks that might be set. Then try unchecking the box in "Preferences>>PCB Editor>>General>>Protect Locked Objects".

If that doesn't do it, look to see if the box is checked for "Preferences>>PCB Editor>>General>>Shift Click to Select". If it is, click on the button marked "Primitives...", and make sure that the "Components" box is checked.

If that doesn't do it, check to see if all your components are locked by using the PCBFilter Panel with a query like "IsComponent And (Locked = True)". You can then unlock all of the selected components from the "Graphical" section of the Inspector Panel.

Thank you for your quick reply!
The first two cases are not relevant, and the the third give me this message: «Access violation at address 1C8472E2 in module 'ADVPCB.DLL'. Read of address 00000000 at 1C8472E2.» In fact, I had to deal with this message since I encountered the problem. I've tried the file on other pc and the result was identical.
:cry:

... Later edit:
After restoring my win system, pcb filter worked fine.
Many thanks house_cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back