Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate hysteresis losses and eddy currents in 220V and 12V I/O transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedorrio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
would someone be kind enough to guide me a way to calculate hysteresis losses and eddy currents in a 220V input and 12volt output transformer.
thanking in antcipation to all good friends

transformer query

Empirically, they can be determined from input voltage and input idle current. The total no-load losses reducd by primary resistive losses are the core losses.

zedorrio

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: transformer query

Transformer design is a very specialized engineering area. The losses are a strong function of the type of metal and the sheet thickness.

zedorrio

I didn't exactly understand, what you want to achieve: Determining the losses of an existing transformer or predicting the behaviour of a transformer design. The latter would be difficult without excact material data, as flatulent mentioned.

Losses of an existing transformer can be measured, dependig o your existing equipment. You can e. g. vizualize the hysterises loop with an oscilloscope, that has the capability to display i versus ∫udt in XY view. Total losses can be measured as input real power P = 1/T ∫u i dt by a power meter or an oscilloscope with math functions.

zedorrio

yes u guessed it rightly i m trying to design an elctrical transformer and any of the contributions of your guidence are greately valued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back