Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volt & Ammeter with TLC549 and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic ammeter

How do I use two TLC549 with a PIC and a 2x24 LCD to measure voltage and current or a two channels A/D converter with 2x24 LCD PIC interface?

Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL

tlc549

Why not use a PIC with built in ADC ?

Like 16F876, 16F877 they are cheap and you do not need external ADC's.

TLC549 has "only" 8 bits resolution while most PIC's have 10 :)

You can also find many design notes how to use LCD, ADC and many other peripherals with a PIC.

Just browse the Microchip website at

https://www.microchip.com

best regards

pic ampermeter

Hi .. did you use ac or dc voltage . There are many resource for measure volt and amp. try www.circuitcellar.com/pastissues/ articles/May96/rick-96.pdf for example. It easier to measure DC voltage and current. For DC you could used voltage devider circuit to make a good ratio of volt level to feed to ADC and for current you can use shunt and measure volt across shunt using instrument op-amp or with 3 op-amp methode to amplify voltage across shunt and feed it to ADC. I think PIC 16F877A is good enough. I have build a computer powersupply tester and monitor and use this methode. It work great and quite precision. I use AVR ATMega 16 but PIC16F877A could do the same job.

ammeter pic

The reason is that I'll need to buy this PIC and already have five TLC549 and a PIC16F628 (16F84 brand new big brother) so if someone have this project I can spend my money with other side of the PSU like a laboratory grade controller circuit!!

Fernando - PU2PLL

pic amp meter

This site may help you:

**broken link removed**

tlc 549

This is a good tutorial: **broken link removed**
There is a lot of info about design ADC circuits and interfacing ADC to PIC.

dc ampermeter by avr

Try this link
Its a Temperature controller using the PIC16F84a and a TLC549

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.