Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AutoTune PID Temperature controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voltage divider + pid

Hi!

I need schemtic for AutoTune PID Temperature controllers of any reputed make like Brainchild Electronic Co. Lrd., Taiwan; Autonics, Korea.

Any help would be appreciated.

kumar

auto tune pid temperature

What do you expect particularly regarding autotune functionality? I guess, it's a line in the title block, software makes the difference.

Hi! FvM,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the input section schematics for RTD - PT100 & PT1000 Plus all types of TC's and Voltages upto 10VDC and 4-20mA 0-20mA inputs. These inputs should be program selectable. The circuit should operate from +/- 5V DC supply. The circuit should meet the required EMI Standards for industrial applications.

Help in this regards would be appreciated.

Bye!

kumar

Hello Kumar,

this is basically a meaningful question. I have no retail products schematic, perhaps other forum members do.

Some points of the specification are open, I think. You can have e.g. 2, 3, or 4 wire RTD input, 3 wire is mostly used and better suited to a programmable input. Also an accuracy should be defined.

The most common solution for TC/RTD/V is a three terminal input with common ground, a selectable gain voltage input and an optional RTD current source output. Current input usually has another terminal with a fixed shunt.

A 10 V input can't work with a +/-5V supply and a programmable input, it would need a passive voltage divider in front. There are different options to solve this, each with some drawbacks.

Apart from ESD and RF strength, static overvoltage/overcurrent endurance (in case of external wiring faults) is an important point, although it's not achieved with all commercial products. Particularly current input overload protection isn't that easy.

Hi! FvM,

Thanks for your reply.

RTD input will be Three wire preferably with current excitation.

Input terminals could be either 3 or 5.

10V input with a passive divider is ok.

The circuit should be EMI and ESD compliant.

If you know of some friend in the forum who could help me with a retail product schematic would be great.

Bye!

kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.