Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic synthesis, regarding area

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

If i see the area report after compiling the design, report showing the , area information about each cell and each sub design and area of combo logic and area of seq logic.

I didnt understand, what this area means, is it the physical area ? i cant able to visualize what this area means.
pls give me more elaborative explantion

Thanks in advance

Yest it is the physical area represented in terms of library units. Each cell in library has its area defined in .db file. Synopsys dc adds up the area consumed by each cell to give total combi and sequential area in its report.
Hope it helps
Kr,
Avi

engr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks avimit,

It means, that much area taking at final layout ?

engr said:
It means, that much area taking at final layout ?
Area after layout will be bigger, due to the P&R tool not being able to utilise 100% of die area. E.g. typically utilisation will only be 80%.

engr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
IN the library each cell has an area of value 6.0, 4.4 etc .What are these values? What do these values signify?

ASIC_intl said:
IN the library each cell has an area of value 6.0, 4.4 etc .What are these values? What do these values signify?
Area in um^2, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back