Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use accelerometer(MMA7260Q)to get movement position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zg-crazy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mma7260q

Hello,does any body have used MMA7260 to get movement position? Can I get some relational technical document please? I try to use MMA7260Q to get the accuracy compressing movement distance. The range of the movement is 4-5cm. I have red the technical document (AN3397) and have done some experiments according to AN3397, but there still are some problems.I integrat acceleration twice to get the position. Unfortunately, the result is aways biased and the error in my position estimate grows exponentially. Some error maybe kept in my calculation or hard workware design, so calculating position have large errors. I expect for some help from you. Thank you!

mma7260

I have not work with MMA7260 , but I think you should measure the bias value and subtract it from the result.

accelerometer position

I have used MMA7260 from Freescale.

Error might occur if you did not compensate the known error value, which comes from experimental measurement.

Anyway, try to simplify the calculation, stabilized the measurement, and compensate any error or noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back