Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Sensor Simulation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_nctu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hall sensor simulator

How to simulate Hall effect ?

Thanks

damocles ibm device simulator

Hi I think you need to lok up a topic called "Monte-Carlo device simulation"
regards,
StoppTidigare

spice hall sensor

StoppTidigare said:
Hi I think you need to lok up a topic called "Monte-Carlo device simulation"
regards,
StoppTidigare

Is any website disscusing Monte-Carlo device simulation ?

hall-effect sensor simulation pspice

Hi
why said MonteCarlo simulation ? in basicly , montecarlo is device
variation or process issue simulation , it can use device parameter like
MOS Ids or Vth , use gauss distribtuion ..

But hall sensor is "maganet" sensor , how to simulation by hspice ??
I think hspice can not simulation it , like hspice can not simulation EMI..

how to program a hall sensor

andy2000a said:
Hi
why said MonteCarlo simulation ? in basicly , montecarlo is device
variation or process issue simulation , it can use device parameter like
MOS Ids or Vth , use gauss distribtuion ..

But hall sensor is "maganet" sensor , how to simulation by hspice ??
I think hspice can not simulation it , like hspice can not simulation EMI..

Thank you!

hall sensor pspice

see PDF file

smash spice simulator about monteCarlo simulation

sensor simulation

Hi all, when one talk microscopic simulation of charge transport, one usally refer to monte-carlo device simulation as the method to extract macroscopic behavirour of a device for instance current versus voltage, through first solving Schrödinger equation for the crystal, then in total energy calculations one can extact the vibtation frequecies and modes of the atoms in the crystal, the so called phonon dispersion.
Havin the electronic bandstructure and the phonon-dispersionrelation, one have have experimental data, to fit scattering parameters.
read for instance Fundamentals of Semicondtctors by Manuel Cardona availible from MCU. Its the first edition. In the second that I have you can read about scattering parameters and transport in semiconductors.

Actually this fitting procedure I've never understood and if somebody can explain it to me I'll be greatful.
Either you take the effective masses from the bandstructure, you do some black-box(for me) monte-carlo and you end up with the avergae volocities for electrons, and then you do the same for holes, Then you can extract the mobilities.

Having the mobilities, the right value of the scattering parameters one can simulate anything. With the monte-carlo method it is then possible to see the Hall-effect within a simulated semiconductor.

Check out the IBM site for the DAMOCLES program, there you'll get most of the theory behind monte-carlo device simulation.
Important reserachers are Carlo Jacoboni, Karl Hess.

The newest ATLAS in SILVACO includes the monte-carlo program by Jacoboni for simulating III-IV semiconductors.
regards,
StoppTidigare

hall+sensor+symulation

Do you really want to simulate a hall effect device at atomic level?, or just simulate its output. If the latter is the case, and if you assume that it is just a device that gives an output of increasing strength propotional to magnetic field, then you can just use a votage/current source, or even a pot to give an appropriate output with reference to the data sheet. Or am I misunderstanding what you are after?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back