Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fabricate PCB by using FR4 Epoxy double copper sides board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwokhinglai

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am going to fabricate a PCB for microstrip antennaa. However, I have a question: "how to fabricate a PCB by using a FR4 Epoxy double copper sides board ?"

Regards,

kwokhinglai

If there is no plated thruhole via, no problem.You should make it pose two times by hiding the otherside in each..
I think you'll never need plated thru hole vias for patch this antenna..

Re: Fabricate PCB by using FR4 Epoxy double copper sides boa

If I keep it under room temperature 27 - 30 degree, does it has deadline?

I mean how long it can be kept (no scratch for the photoresist film under this temperature) for the best performance ?

Also, can u speak more about the steps of this PCB fabrication ? For example:
- scratch out the photoresist film
- expose it by violet under yellow lighted environment
- developing by developer
- ......... by stripper
- .... etc.

Thanks and best regards,

kwokhinglai

Re: Fabricate PCB by using FR4 Epoxy double copper sides boa

It's like making any other PCB.

Using photoresist gives a better precision, but the precision needed depends on frequency; if you designed it, you know what precision is needed. Generally with photoresist in home conditions you can expect a precision of about 0.2mm.

If this is the first PCB you make using photo method, it will be hard, because initially you need to experiment a bit. (First you need to remove the blue protective foil off the board - if there is a foil :D).
However, you may not need to use photo method, given the simple shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back