Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can a if else statement imply priority whereas the case statement do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC_intl

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can a if else statement imply priority whereas the case statement do not?

priority in HDL

This would help -
**broken link removed**

priority in HDL

The conditions in an if ... elsif ... else ... end if chain are not necessarily mutual exclusive, but the choices of a case construct are.

Re: priority in HDL

Fvm

What do u mean by Mutually exclusiveness here?

Added after 9 minutes:

HI tut

Can u give me some sides of Xilinx which writes dood documents of digital design and verification

in fact, you should avoid these kind of circuits!

What do u mean by Mutually exclusiveness here?
Very simple, in a case construct only one choice can be valid at a time, no choice is allowed to include a value or a range of another. Thus the order of evaluation doesn't matter and no choice can be priorized over another.

priority in HDL

Hi ASIC_intl,

The best is you write the code using case statement and if..else statement. Then, use a synthesis tool to synthesize both the codes.

Now, you can see the different between these 2 codes.

As for the synthesis tool, you can use xilinx ISE or quartusII. Else, if you have the luxury to use more powerful tool such Design Compiler or Leonardo Spectrum or etc., then please use it and do comparison.

All the best! :)

HI tut

Can u give me some sides of Xilinx which writes dood documents of digital design and verification

**broken link removed**

You can search Xilinx's site. Its a Knowledge mine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back