Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PPP code for Siemens MC35 GSM terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcube_ns

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to connect mcu to GPRS with MC35 (Siemens GSM terminal).

When I try it with my PC and hyper terminal, untill conection is established I use AT command, but after conection is establish PPP protocol starting.

Does someone can help me? Does someone has PPP code in C or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Mr.Cube

atd*99# microchip

There is book in ebooks section dedicated to PPP . For sure there are many free PPP implentations as well . Check sourceforge and FreeBSD or Linux projects .

at commands gprs modem ppp

Hi there,

I am welling to do the same thing but I can not establish the GPRS attach .. :(
could you please help me with some guide .. ?

regards

grps send telnet

MC35 SIEMENS
for connection to gprs you have to do this:

AT+CGDCONT=1,IP,156.090.123.076 (ENTER)

ATD*99#

After this connection is established, but PPP starting (that's problem).

If you have some problems I can sent you siemens manual for gprs connecting.

Mr.Cube

mc35i at commands ppp lcp

If PPP has started that means your attach has already been done and PDCH has allocated to you on air interface .

For PPP implementation there are 2 ways :
- you have to write your own code
- or hack other's code
There are plenty of PPP implementation on Linux and FreeBSD . All of them have open source code . Why you do not like to use it ??? If there are other reasons preventing you from doing that - could you pleae be more detailed .

gprs protocol ppp

mrcube_ns said:
MC35 SIEMENS
for connection to gprs you have to do this:

AT+CGDCONT=1,IP,156.090.123.076 (ENTER)

ATD*99#

After this connection is established, but PPP starting (that's problem).

If you have some problems I can sent you siemens manual for gprs connecting.

Mr.Cube
Yes sir, I need this manual ...

regards,
meshmesh ...

gm862 linux ppp

artem said:
If PPP has started that means your attach has already been done and PDCH has allocated to you on air interface .

- or h@ck other's code
There are plenty of PPP implementation on Linux and FreeBSD . All of them have open source code . Why you do not like to use it ??? If there are other reasons preventing you from doing that - could you pleae be more detailed .

One a day, I succeeded to make a ppp connection but for normal GSM network ( not GPRS ) ... I used a ppp connection script on a Linux OS ( It was redhat 7.3 ) .. it was very simple on gsm .. i think that it will be harder with gprs .. i remember that there are a lot of parameters i couldn't understand for gprs connections ...

regards ...
meshmesh

gprs ppp protocol

artem wrote:

- or h@ck other's code

Here is what I want to do.
I have to connect two distant device (from one hand PC and the other mcu). I need to transmit some commands (serial RS232 protokol) to mcu. GPRS (with 2 MC35 one for PC and other for mcu) is just channel to have serial comunication on both side of connection. So, PC and mcu will think that they are conected with wire link, but they are not.

Any ideas?

Tnx.

Mr.Cube

PS. What is PDCH?

ip or ppp in gprs

Here are GPRS documents for MC35

tc35i windows telnet

Acctually GPRS is just GSM and 3G feature . In your case access is provided by GSM . DIfference between 3G and GSM is just 3G has more bandwidth than GSM .

For you problem there are 2 choices :
- use circuit switched call to GSM located modem pool which is not the GPRS . You can have both Internet connection (if call to access server within GSM or outside to normal ISP)PPP will be needed , or 2 way connection between your PC and destination mobile - no need for PPP .
- use packet switched calls GPRS . As far as everyting is TCP/IP , you have to have both TCP/IP server and clients on your mcu and PC .
To make connection you will need Internet IP addresses which will be dynamically assigned to mobiles when they attached (dhcp alike )- how are you going to exchnage those IP addreses before onnection will be done ? From other side , due to security consideration your operator can block most of the TCP/IP ports at the fireewall connected GSN nodes to Internet, so any connection request towards mobile will be blocked there (our local operator does that ).If you can achieve to have fixed Internet IP addres on your PC - this problem will be fixed . Or there could be 3 tier system implementation wehre both PC and mobile module have to be connected to server with fixed IP address on internet and signalling will flow through this server . May be some workaround could be done like
after GPRS attach (if you PC and modile module)
have GSM Modem - IP address will be known and it could be exchanged via SMS .

Regarding PPP there is a book
**broken link removed**

Let me know if you have more questions .

gm47 modem no carrier error

do someone have experience in GPRS internet access with MCU ARM7TDMI?

siemens manual for gprs

Please.. does anyone can give me an explanations or any resources about differences between GPRS and WAP?

mcu gprs

I have worked with Ubicom's IP2022 with SonyEricsson's GM47, for the GPRS application.

Please note that when working with GPRS, you need not to handle the PPP.

PPP is basically a protocol for login a system for charging only. But in GPRS world, you are already billed with your SIM card information, just as you make a call with your mobile.

For the configuration of the GPRS, you need to consult with your mobile operation for the setting, as there maybe different on this.

Once your system has been connected with GPRS, it is connected with internet world, you can send all IP packet directly. Simplify speaking, the MCU or system should looking as the connected GPRS module as a ethernet card.

Hope this can help.

pppd connect script for telit wireless gsm modems

klchan basicly youre right, but not completly.

First, when you try to connect there are PPP for establish connection (login - PAP or CHAP and other things), but when you establish connection you have IP packets.

I resolve problem, I pick up Enfora insted of MC35. Enfora have PPP/IP to serial converter so everythingworks OK.

10x on your answer.

Best regards,

Mr.Cube[/quote]

telit gprs ppp

HI,

Please any body help me for connecting CDMA terminal to internet by dailing it with PPP mode

at+cgdcont gprs connection windows ppp

Hi ,

CDMA Terminal is nothing but Fixed wireless Terminal. Which has CDMA module.
Can any body support me for connecting Modem to Microcontroller.

I want source code for communicating and installising modem drivers in microcontrller and dailling ISP provider (#777).

Please help me for it

mcu gprs

I worked whit AnyData iPort, you must set pwd an usr info and don't dial #777 just 111 (any 3 numbers but don't start whit 777)

+pppd +atd +3g +china mobile

i try to connect MC35i to GPRS , i login as root in linuxOS,then excute the following command in shell:
# pppd /dev/ttyS0 debug 9600 connect 'chat -v -f /home/chat1'&
# cat /var/log/message

Aug 3 16:36:04 localhost pppd[3069]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: abort on (ERROR)
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: send (AT^M)
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: timeout set to 50 seconds
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: expect (OK)
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: AT^M^M
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: OK
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: -- got it
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: send (CONNECT^M)
Aug 3 16:36:05 localhost chat[3070]: send (ATD*99***1#^M)
Aug 3 16:36:06 localhost pppd[3069]: Serial connection established.
Aug 3 16:36:06 localhost pppd[3069]: Hangup (SIGHUP)
Aug 3 16:36:06 localhost pppd[3069]: Couldn't get channel number: Input/output error
Aug 3 16:36:07 localhost pppd[3069]: Exit.

why? how to solve this problem? could someone give some tips? thanks

linux minicom pppd atd*99***1#

looks as if your not setting the ppp id & password or the access point for your gprs service

for example for vodaphone uk
id "web";
password "web";

"AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"pp.vodafone.co.uk\"\n"; // vodaphones Access Point Name

"ATD*99***1#\n";

which service provider are you using ?

you may find this link useful

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com