Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read parallel port with Labview 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

m@th

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to use Labview 6 to read parallel port but it could be possible only with Windows 95 or 98 (dixit the "Help" of Labview). How to do it with 2000 or XP?

thanks

Try to use UserPort program, it enables using direct port access in win2k/XP systems.

mm, labVIEW work fine in Win9x , 2000 and XP

Yeshua said:
mm, labVIEW work fine in Win9x , 2000 and XP
´

The problem is not LabVIEW itself.
In Windows XP (and 2000 I think) access to hardware like the parallel port is very restricted by Winows.
Many other programs which uses direct access to the parallel port won't work with Windows XP, but works fine with Windows 95, 98, 98SE and ME.
For some programs the problem can be solved with a special driver/dll for the parallel port.
Try to search google for the problem.
The problem has nothing to do with the programs themselves, but with the way the new Windows versions encapsulates the parallel port.

Hi!!!

Have a look at:

h**p://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/72C6FC6CE4AD4D1386256B1800794596?opendocument

It's a description of how to use the Parallel Port in Labview.

With a big hello,

Halabat.

Hmmz,

I have done a project using the parallel port, I worked fine under a WIN2K machine... Be sure you have administrator account!

mobile-it said:
Hmmz,

I have done a project using the parallel port, I worked fine under a WIN2K machine... Be sure you have administrator account!

It should also work if you have POWER USER account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back