Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change .exe files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigisha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to change .exe files

hello...
can any one tell me how can i change the .exe files...???
because all the virus are in .exe format files...they damage my computer lot...
so i want to know how can i change its content.............

plz.......

change .exe content

jigisha said:
hello...
can any one tell me how can i change the .exe files...???
because all the virus are in .exe format files...they damage my computer lot...
so i want to know how can i change its content.............

plz.......

Not all are in exe format in fact there are scripts virus, batch virus....
If you want to change their extentient then, make it visible first by uncheching the file extention hidden option (tool->Folder options and then select the view tab). When extention is visible, rigth clik on the file.exe and change its extention.

That's all !

Why dont u use antivirus ?

sir...actually i m using symentec corporate edition version of antivirus...

i m always keeping my hidden files , system files on with full extension.
but if in some1's pc virus is activated and if i want to change its content by changing its exe file...
then how to do this?

jigisha said:
sir...actually i m using symentec corporate edition version of antivirus...

i m always keeping my hidden files , system files on with full extension.
but if in some1's pc virus is activated and if i want to change its content by changing its exe file...
then how to do this?

Do you mean you wann change the code of this virus. You'll make another virus so.
That's possible. You can dissassemble this exe file using Windasm for exemple. you can execute it step by step and event change it's code.

I hope I helped , so please push the helped me button.

Thanks.

jigisha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok..sir u helped me...but i want the material of dissassemble...from where i can get the windasm...?
is there any material present to learn diss assembling the virus file code...???

actually i dont interested in making virus...i m interested againts fighting viruses.....which harras the inocent people.....bocz many of internet user can not know what a single virus can damage....
thatz why....

jigisha said:
ok..sir u helped me...but i want the material of dissassemble...from where i can get the windasm...?
is there any material present to learn diss assembling the virus file code...???

actually i dont interested in making virus...i m interested againts fighting viruses.....which harras the inocent people.....bocz many of internet user can not know what a single virus can damage....
thatz why....

Disassemblers are free. You can download windasm, softice and other ones from the www.

As first step you need to setup a virtual machine in a clean PC, use Virtual PC from Microsoft from FREE and install it, then install a OS like WinXP.

Then you can download a debugger like the good OllyDbg (https://www.ollydbg.de/) or SoftICE (ring 0 debugger you can also look into the driver code and make kernel code examination) and put into the installed virtual machine, then copy the virus file into the installed OS inside the virtual machine and then start to play with the debugger. You can dissassemble the virus code and then know how the virus work. If you get infected no problem, simply format your virtual machine and then restart the work. Just take care that debugger will execute the code step by step then if you run the exe file into the debugger you will get infected. WinDasm make simple plain disassembling without execute the file, also other best disassembler is IDA (https://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/).

If you're already infected no matter about to install the virtual machine :D, use directly the debugger or the disassembler on the infected file, I've do this lot of time into infected machine to discover the virus file and then know the virus behaviour.

Of course changing the exe may be a not simple task, some virus have morphing code (code is self changed during execution and this will take some time in decryption and understand how it works, but sometime the way is simple encryption and easy to do), other aren't compressed or encrypted then is more easy to do the debug work. Plain disassembling of a encrypted/compressed virus is unuseful because you've first to decrypt or unpack the virus to see the clean original code, this task can be do with a debugger.

But at least I've a question, if your purpose is know how the virus work the debugger approach can be a valid way, otherwise simply take a good antivirus and go on (e.g. AVG Free).

Good luck
Pow

actually you can't change anything in an exe file .

you just can open it or delete it no other options .

but if the Viruses is the problem you do the following :

1- use an antivirus program i'd prefer norton symantic .

2- do not open any suspected file unless you scan it first .

3- every period you do scanning on the whole computer like , weekly , monthly

something like that .

4- watch out from Email , do not open any Email from a person you don't know .

if you do that i think it is enough .

5- this is a most important thing is to keep your antivirus UPDATED .

mezo said:
actually you can't change anything in an exe file .

you just can open it or delete it no other options .

I dont Agree coz it's possible ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back