Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TFT LCD interface for computer-on-module

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrja

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tft lcd interface

I am starting to learn about computer-on-modules like the Voipac PXA270 modules (ARM processor, SODIMM connector) "http://www.voipac.com/en/products_PXA270_DIMM_Module_Pro_&_Basic.htm". It says in the data-sheet that it supports 18 bit TFT interface. My questions are:

1) What kind of display module do I need then? In a GPS I took apart I found a LCD-display with 24 bit. Is 24 bit compatible with 18 bit? Would it be possible to use that display with the PXA270 module?

2) Do I need some kind of controller board in between? If so, what kind? Where to buy?

3) Can you recommend any good places where to buy TFT displays with all necessary connections with the PXA270 module (18 bit TFT)?

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back