Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[simulation]VCO simulation on AWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnunez

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate the ROS-2500 of minicircuits on AWR VSS. My problem is with the output power, it varies with the frequency, but AWR's VCO just simulate with the average power, and I want to simulate with instantaneous power. What can I do?

What does it mean " instantaneous power" ???
HB simulations will give you the peak power of a system output when the system is settled down.It's also valid for the oscillators.When an oscillator starts to oscillate, a certain time should be passed to it settled down and then output power will be constant by time.( if the OSC is well designed.) But this power can be very variable by temperature and loading charge.
Average power might be needed when the load is complex.
Instantaneous power is obtained by transient simulation in any time slot but useless...

ALL HB based simulators wait the system reaching steady state then they simulate power, frequency,PN etc..

Reactions: rnunez

rnunez

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.