Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Motherboard Question-Urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoss

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intel 865perl power problem

Recently , I have bought a motherboard from Intel , 865PERL with Hyper-Threading Processor 2.8C .

There isn't any problem except "rebooting". The system has been fresh installed and it has only and only GeForce2 MX/MX400 AGP Video Card, and Kingmax PC3200 DDR400 RAM.That's it..

The computer boots normally from sctrach and shuts-down the computer without problem.

But when I intend "restart", Windows XP Professional OS shuts down the computer but system can not restart. It hangs-up in such a case "idle". It doesn't respond even "reset" button. It should be power-off and power on.
It would to restart but something happens and stops. But checks-swaps CD ROM's except keyboard and floppy.

Interestingly, windows never misses memory knowledge and restart very normally.For instance when I install a new program , it works very well.

In fact I have read a knowledge base called as 822624 in Microsoft Website and it calls my problem. It's mentioned that a new patch should be applied but files ( halaacpi.dll )are not available. These are new version of them. The problem sounds like ACPI incompatibility..

I have installed latest BIOS and drivers from Intel. No problem..

Well , I'm waiting PC guru's comments..

Hi BigBoss,

I have a long history with windows XP and ACPI problems.
Most problem are solved by BIOS udpate.
Is your updated ?

I did encounter a similar problem with a similar configuration but the mother board was an ASUS P4C800 deluxe (not the -E version). I did update the bios with the very good utility that they provide but it did not solve the problem. Fortunately this mother board was under warranty and I could get it fixed.. They changed the BIOS to an AMI one! And the problem disapeared !
:wink:
BigBoss said:
Recently , I have bought a motherboard from Intel , 865PERL with Hyper-Threading Processor 2.8C .

There isn't any problem except "rebooting". The system has been fresh installed and it has only and only GeForce2 MX/MX400 AGP Video Card, and Kingmax PC3200 DDR400 RAM.That's it..

The computer boots normally from sctrach and shuts-down the computer without problem.

But when I intend "restart", Windows XP Professional OS shuts down the computer but system can not restart. It hangs-up in such a case "idle". It doesn't respond even "reset" button. It should be power-off and power on.
It would to restart but something happens and stops. But checks-swaps CD ROM's except keyboard and floppy.

Interestingly, windows never misses memory knowledge and restart very normally.For instance when I install a new program , it works very well.

In fact I have read a knowledge base called as 822624 in Microsoft Website and it calls my problem. It's mentioned that a new fix should be applied but files ( halaacpi.dll )are not available. These are new version of them. The problem sounds like ACPI incompatibility..

I have installed latest BIOS and drivers from Intel. No problem..

Well , I'm waiting PC guru's comments..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back