Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many Nos. of serial Ports connected with a serial cable can be connected with PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhantariq

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please Guide Me.

How many Nos. of serial Ports connected with a serial cable can be connected with a Single PC?

Re: Help Needed

Depends on the serial ports, if you get a usb to serial converter you can add upto 255 ports and more, but if you stick with the standard serial ports you would need to use a custom hardware board to provide additional ports past the 1-2 provided by the out of the box computer

Re: Help Needed

Well Thats Not what I want to know.I know all that.
ok I explain again

well there are Serial Ports extension cards in market which are available in 1 to 8, 1 to 16, even 1 to 64 ports.

1 to 64 means that 1 in serial ports which is connected with PC and 64 out serial ports , Multiplexing , well Now I want to know that How many Serial Ports I can use within a single PC. May I use all of 64 Serial Ports at the same time within a single PC? Or I can use more than 64 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back