Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need explanation for startup files in ARM software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone can guide me on the knowledge of startup files..

Recetny we are working on a project where we used to upload startup files for the ARM processor believing that the startup file will initalise the entire memory stuff as well as the stuff relating to angel,sram , flash.

But it jst so happened that we tried it without the strtup file and the project still worked..

Why would it work without the startup file. ???

To give u more information following is given

Software being used : ARM SDT Evaluation software
Microcontroller : AT91R40807
Development Board : EB40

Thanks

sanjay said:
Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone can guide me on the knowledge of startup files..

Recetny we are working on a project where we used to upload startup files for the ARM processor believing that the startup file will initalise the entire memory stuff as well as the stuff relating to angel,sram , flash.

But it jst so happened that we tried it without the strtup file and the project still worked..

Why would it work without the startup file. ???

To give u more information following is given

Software being used : ARM SDT Evaluation software
Microcontroller : AT91R40807
Development Board : EB40

Thanks

If you do not swith power off or do not make reset, CPU memory registers contain confoguration data from previous initialization ...
Maybe your board have minitor - BIOS programm, that making register initialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.