Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which job field is better SOC or SOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap001

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soc and sop

Hi Dear Friends;

I am looking for a new job as an RF engineer. I got two opportunities: one is to be an RF transceiver IC desiging engineer and the other is to be an RF LTCC (low temperature co-fired ceramic) module designing engineer. SOC seems the main trend for the whole IC industry, but it is said that RF front-end is difficult, if possible, to be assembled with other blocks of chips and the solution to this problem is system on package (SOP). LTCC is one form of SOP. Would you guys give me some advises?

best regards,
ap001

Hi, ap001,

I'm not RF engineer. But based on my pass experiences, an advanced technology might not make you money within 2 to 5 years (maybe longer). Many companies with very advanced technologies failed just because marcket timing was incorrect while some companies with so-so technologies earned big chunks of marcket because they catched right train. This is from financial point of view.

But if you are young, and are very interested in advanced technology, you may select to dive into it (if you have no financial burden). Someday, you'll be a hero in your selected field if you work hard.

Anyway, you are luckily getting two opportunities in two hottest fields. Check your own status to make final decision. May you have bright future.

rh1101

Dear RH1101;

I appreciate your advice very much.

It is helpful for me, and I believe that your advice is helpful for all of the engineers in any specific field. Wish many people could see it.

best regards,
ap001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back